Ladies and gentlemen, step right up – the carnival is coming to town! In The Grand Carnival, players compete to create the most impressive carnival this town has ever seen. You’ll need to carefully plan your carnival’s layout, build attractions, hire staff, and manage the crowds, all while learning a few tricks of the trade.
The Grand Carnival is an action-selection, tile and polyomino placement game with some unique twists. While individual turns are quick and accessible for new players, the overall strategy is deep and rewarding for even the most seasoned gamer.
- Plan carefully – Design your carnival, selecting where attractions can be built and where your guests can walk. Only the polyominoes you plan for will have space in your carnival, requiring you to think several turns ahead.
- Race for resources – Attractions, tiles, guests, even carnival staff are all in limited supply. If you see one that fits your carnival, don’t wait too long to claim it.
- Learn new tricks – Powerful abilities allow you to bend the rules in meaningful ways, but be sure to master them before your opponents.
- Easy to learn – The Grand Carnival is good family fun that is easy to teach and quick to play.
- A variety of strategies – Will you focus on building attractions, collecting tickets, or moving guests? With multiple pathways to victory, there is no “right way” to win.
- Fantastic new art – Ryan Goldsberry, the artist behind Getaway Driver, Paperback, and Burgle Bros (among others) has brought the unique look of 1930s cartoons to life.
- Solo Mode Variant – Even if you are the only carnival to show up in town, you’ll still be working to earn the title.
See why Zee Garcia of the Dice Tower selected The Grand Carnival as his game of the year!
We’re pretty confident you are going to love The Grand Carnival… but you don’t have to take our word for it:
“It is a fantastic game – I definitely recommend it!”
— Dice Tower (watch the full review)
“Whenever I open that box, I glow with happiness… I adore it.”
— Space Biff (read the full review)
“I’m just impressed up and down the street… It stands out in a really big way”
“…a smaller game with a surprising amount of strategic depth.”
“Its enticing theme and easily digestible rules make it a great choice for casual gamers… [it] has found a home on my shelf.”
— Meeple Mountain
How to Play
Learning to play The Grand Carnival is easy! Just watch our handy “How to Play” video, you’ll be up and playing in no time!
You can also read the rulebook here.